"Take Risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Won My First Sit & Go!

I have been playing Double or Nothing. But tonight halfway mugging my books I felt like playing one tourney so I went into micro-stakes of Sit & Go - my very first try. I wasn't expecting I would win, I mean I hoped I did but my target was just top 3. Wasn't leading at all. TruckerAA was leading all the way. I had folded most of my cards only managed to grab 1 or 2 pots once in a while until a major turn of tide came below:


Was KK vs JJ all-in. You can imagine how I felt when the flop came. I was just numbed, didnt react. So the turn K came and saved my night. You can imagine how screw he felt but that's poker. Was at top 3 later and I eliminated number 3 with 99 vs JQ. TruckerAA still in the lead.


I was heads-up with him for quite awhile. We were on par until he was leading 10K chips vs 2K chips. Managed to play tight, I think it was because of my tight table image so he folded most of my raises and thats how I grew my stacks for a comeback. I was too happy so didn't managed to print my last hand but I requested so here you go:

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #52370081862: Tournament #329411649, $1.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2010/11/08 10:33:45 ET
Table '329411649 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 2: hxh147 (7445 in chips)
Seat 9: TruckerAA (6055 in chips)
hxh147: posts the ante 25
TruckerAA: posts the ante 25
TruckerAA: posts small blind 200
hxh147: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hxh147 [8c As]
TruckerAA: raises 800 to 1200
hxh147: raises 800 to 2000
TruckerAA: raises 4030 to 6030 and is all-in
hxh147: calls 4030
*** FLOP *** [4h 2d Th] <<--- I felt pretty fucked here from his three of a kind Deuces..
*** TURN *** [4h 2d Th] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [4h 2d Th 5h] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
hxh147: shows [8c As] (a straight, Ace to Five)
TruckerAA: shows [2c 2s] (three of a kind, Deuces)
hxh147 collected 12110 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 12110 | Rake 0
Board [4h 2d Th 5h 3d]
Seat 2: hxh147 (big blind) showed [8c As] and won (12110) with a straight, Ace to Five
Seat 9: TruckerAA (button) (small blind) showed [2c 2s] and lost with three of a kind, Deuces


Very lucky night. I was happy.

2 comments:

ANON said...

Some crazy occurrences =) but some nice moves as well. You're ability to take a solid gamble will pay off especially when there are plenty of people who won't even require you to see a showdown. They'll just fold to your aggressiveness.

For the others, you'll take your chances and come out on top more than enough (you'll never win 100% of tournaments, but I'm guessing you know that).

Congratz (:

Black said...

Thanks Anon! u're right, we cant win 100% of the tournament because there are a lot of factors to consider. If that "K" didnt appear in the turn the result would have been very different!

I tried to be more aggressive for that tourney because things are going my way. a lot of time it doesnt and I will fold and become a lot passive.

Anyway its great to hear from you and thanks for the advices!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...