"Take Risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Monday, November 7, 2011

Break-even Week for Trading

Got to blog at this hour because today is a public holiday in Singapore. Selamat Hari Raya Haji to our Muslim brothers! Its pretty sunny day and great that it is not rainy.

After all the battles with the market last week, I ended it break-even. Summary:

Usd/Jpy
Got a great trade during Japan BOJ intervention, rode along upside and exited swiftly. Besides the intervention, it became one of the most boring pair to trade the rest of the week.



Eur/Usd
Had a bad trade in Eur/Usd. Followed by an order off resistance, which bounces off nicely and caught a 56 pips.


Aud/Usd
Besides the RBA rate announcement last week, which they -0.25% of the aussie and I caught the downside, I had bad trading with the pair during Non-farm payroll. I only traded the aussie during NFP. Bad trading once again. Another good reason why I should walked away after placing my positions to enter. I sat down beforehand telling myself just to watch the order get hit else don't touch. Despite a very shallow movement after the announcement, I still entered. This discipline thingy seems like always a hundred miles away.


Poker
Been bad week. Need some serious thought and re-alignment. If it is time to walk away, walk away. 

Good luck people for the brand new week!

Black.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...