"Take Risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Monday, October 31, 2011

Bank of Japan Intervention Trade & 4-Heads-Up Poker

Forex
Asian market open trade on Usd/Jpy upon Bank of Japan intervention.


Very swift 10 minute take-profit. The intervention was heavy, just look at the candle stick. Correct me if I'm wrong, Bank of Japan were buying the US dollars with Yen, so to make their Yen cheaper, so as to boost their export. It is no difference from China controlling Yuan (Renminbi) buying of treasury bills?

+49 pips

Poker
Was full ring cash gaming earlier, after I watched the chart in the US opening, but could not find a set-up. Table was tight. Half of them were only buying in short-stack, like 40bb? So they barely call pre-flop raises so I slowly blind steals. Short-stack players usually play a fold-shove style, not necessary through shoving pre-flop, but they raise pre-flop at such an amount that commit their stack even upon flop. So its a do-or-die when your in a hand against such, else if you can successfully check-raise their c-bet if they didn't hit.

Key hand occurs when one of this short stack re-raises 12 big blinds amount pre-flop after UTG min-raised, I shoved my stack with QQs. The min-raiser folded (phew, his stack was 100bb same as mine). Short stacker called and rolled up aces. Oh my fucki- and then flopped a Queen set before my swearing was done. Now I am at the other side of the course as compared to my last week bad beats.

Had a 4-man NLHE Heads-up Sit n' Go. First guy was good. I managed to discover his betting style when he had top pair, from calling a sure-lose river bet just to see his hole cards. Things were easier from there, and I also got lucky hitting sets about two hands. I finished the game earlier so I went over to observe the other table, watching the two possible opponents. Guy who won was shover, aggressive from what I observed.

I was surprise when the final table match started at how tight he was. I took the pots down for the first consecutive 12 hands. By then effective stack was about 800. He began to become "personal" about my raises. Meaning he shoved whenever I raises, and check/call whenever I call. I noticed in heads-up there are players who get emotional or tilt and their betting style began to have a big difference. And he began to exploit this shoving style, knowing I wouldn't risk giving him a chance to double-up.

Hand #14


BB: t690  34.50 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t2310  115.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with Q of spades A of hearts
Hero raises to t40, BB calls t20

Flop: (t80) 3 of clubs J of hearts T of spades (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t40, BB calls t40

Turn: (t160) 7 of hearts (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t40, BB raises to t610 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: t240
BB wins t240




Hand #15

View hand 1498426
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: t810 40.50 BBs
Hero (BB): t2190 109.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BB with 2 of hearts K of hearts
BTN/SB calls t10, Hero checks

Flop: (t40) 5 of clubs A of diamonds T of hearts (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

Turn: (t40) 6 of spades (2 players)
Hero bets t40, BTN/SB raises to t790 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: t120
BTN/SB wins t120



Hand #16


View hand 1498427
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t870 43.50 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t2130 106.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with 5 of hearts 9 of spades
Hero calls t10, BB checks

Flop: (t40) 7 of spades A of diamonds 3 of hearts (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t40) J of diamonds (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (t40) 5 of diamonds (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t40, BB calls t40

Final Pot: t120
BB shows 7 of diamonds 6 of hearts (a pair of Sevens)
Hero shows 5 of hearts 9 of spades (a pair of Fives)
BB wins t120



Hand #17

BTN/SB: t930 46.50 BBs
Hero (BB): t2070 103.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BB with 8 of clubs A of diamonds
1 fold

Final Pot: t30
Hero mucks 8 of clubs A of diamonds
Hero wins t20
(Rake: t10)


Last Hand

BB: t920 46 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t2080 104 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with T of spades 4 of hearts
Hero raises to t40, BB raises to t120, Hero calls t80

Flop: (t240) J of diamonds J of hearts 5 of hearts (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t240) T of diamonds (2 players)
BB bets t800 all in, Hero calls t800

River: (t1840) J of spades (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t1840
BB shows A of diamonds Q of diamonds (three of a kind, Jacks)
Hero shows T of spades 4 of hearts (a full house, Jacks full of Tens)
Hero wins t1840



He probably thought I wouldn't hit the paired flop and turn so he could either win a high card by river or make me fold immediately, since his previous shoves has been met with high fold equity from me. But wrong timing for him and right timing lucky turn for me. 

Good luck for the new month friends!

Black.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...