"Take Risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Friday, September 10, 2010

Poker: 10 Sep - Randoms

Short 100 hands today. Last weekend was terrible, after the previous NFP big draw-down, I was followed by loses in poker over the weekend. This is at a point of time where I was lost and felt I need more time to pick up. Earlier this week I was only doing my school assignments. Got to play a bit of hands today.

Today is a public holiday, our fellow Muslim counterpart's festival call the Hari Raya Puasa. If you don't know, they went through one month of "fasting" before celebrating this special day. Long weekend for everybody.

I need to remind myself of becoming calmer during my trades/poker even during losses. Recently, I let myself go easily, I tilt easily. The more I'm afraid to lose, the worst I become when loses come infront of me. It's simple concept every beginner learn till they are masters, but it is some thing that takes a life-time to master. I was thinking if I relate my capital to my real-life monetary too much. Because if you take it too hard, like losing a few dollars to hundreds of dollars, you might go into thoughts like 'oh my I lost these amount I coulda bought something or something'. But then again, these are still real money. But I think the key to curb this might be changing my mentality about it. Isn't it strange why we always do so well in the demo than our real money?

Have a good weekend people!

Result: +$1.20

Black.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...